We are committed to offering our customers the highest quality products and customer service.
The terms and conditions of our warranties and brand are listed below.
LIMITED ONE YEAR MANUFACTURER WARRANTY:
We the manufacturer and seller of Prototek underground locating equipment warrant our products for one(1) year from the date on the original invoice, to be free of manufacturer defects in materials and workmanship. We will warranty repair or replace, at our discretion, any product under this warranty. If the product is no longer available, replacement may be made with a similar product of equal or greater value at the sole discretion of Prototek Corp. Range for all of our transmitters are only guaranteed using full strength batteries and Prototek receivers. We cannot guarantee range using other branded receivers.
Products and components not manufactured by Prototek Corp. are subject to the warranty period as specified by the individual manufacturer, provided such goods are installed, maintained, and used in accordance with the original manufacturer’s written instructions.
We are continually updating our equipment and the information on its use, but Prototek is not responsible nor liable for damage or problems caused through the use of any of our equipment. This warranty is not transferable from the original purchaser to subsequent owners, and the warranty period will not be extended in duration or expanded in coverage for any such transfer.
What is Not Covered
- Water, heat or other contaminate damage.
- Damage resulting from normal wear and tear.
- Once inside a pipe, we cannot control these conditions and will not warrant damage caused by the conditions or other job site contaminates.
- Our FV-10, FV-20, HV-40, FD-10, FD-20 and HD-40 are not warranted for use on a power snake unless they are inside a spring carrier.
- Unauthorized repairs (repairs not done by Prototek repair specialists).
- Product not used in its intended manner.
- Flushable transmitters are designed to do just that, be flushed down a line. We will not warrant transmitter failures if they are used on the end of pushrods or sewer machines.
- Dissatisfaction due to buyers remorse. (please see our return policy)
How to Obtain Service
If you believe the Prototek product may be defective, please contact us immediately at 800-541-9123 and follow the steps listed below.
- Notifying one of our sales specialists during the warranty period and provide a description of the alleged failure:
- Fill out our repair form online. (Insert link here) Print it out and include it with the product to be inspected. Be as detailed as possible.
- Ship the product, at the owners expense via UPS or FedEx only. We highly recommend the added insurance. Please see our shipping page for details. (insert shipping page link here)
Disclaimer of Warranties
Except as stated above in this limited warranty, and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Prototek Corp., disclaims all express, implied and statutory warranties with respect to the product, including the implied warranties of the merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
Limitations of Damages
In addition to the above warranty disclaimers, in no event will Prototek Corp. be liable for any consequential, incidental, exemplary, or special damages, including any damages for lost profits arising from or relating to this limited warranty or product. Prototek Corp. total cumulative liability arising from or related to this limited warranty or the product will not exceed the amount actually paid for the product by the original purchaser.
State or Non-U.S. Law
Some states and/or non-US jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts or exclusions/limitations on incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state or from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The disclaimers, exclusions, and limitations of liability under this limited warranty will not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.