Ferris 512 Hertz Analog Kit
For cast iron and nonmetallic locating
The Ferris analog receiver is simple to use and great when locating in cast iron, nonmetallic lines and septic tanks. It is compatible with our blue FTP-8 512 Hz flushable transmitter, Prototek’s 512 Hz DuraSonde line of transmitters and most sewer camera transmitters.
The Analog hard case is made of high density Polyethylene for durability. This is a great accessory to help protect your receiver from the elements.
- Easy to use controls allow you to manage the amount of signal you see on the meter
- Headphone jack for noisy sites
- Red battery tester button will help you know when its time to change out the batteries
- To calculate depth multiply the distance in inches between the front and back null by .7
- Kit includes: 1 Ferris Receiver, 3 FTP-8 flushable transmitters, 1 Hard Case
- Kit Weight: 12 lbs.
- Dimensions: Receiver – 20” L x 4” W x 4-3/4” H
- Power source: 6 AA Alkaline batteries
- Compatible with: 512 Hertz frequency transmitters
- Standard Frequency: 512 Hertz
Q: How do I calculate depth?
A: To calculate depth you will take the distance in inches between your front and back nulls and then multiple by .7. An example would be if you measured 50 inches between your front and back nulls then you would multiply 50 x .7 = 35 inches.
Q: Can I use the orange ATP-12 flushable transmitters with this receiver?
A: No. The ATP-12 uses the 223 KiloHertz frequency. The Ferris receiver will only locate using our 512 Hertz line of transmitters.
Q: Can I locate through cast iron?
A: Yes. This receiver uses the industry standard 512 Hertz frequency that will penetrate through cast iron.
Q: My receiver doesn’t seem to be picking up the 512 Hertz signal. Is there a way to test my receiver over the phone?
A: Yes. We can do a phone test with the 512 Hertz frequency. It only takes a few seconds to find out if your receiver is working or not. Please call 800-541-9123 and talk to one of our sales specialists. They will be happy to help.